Chicken w/ Mushroom and Asparagus Cream Sauce
I used chicken cutlets that were frozen, they are just thinner chicken breasts, but you can use whatever kind of chicken you have.
I also used 3/4 C of white wine that I had left over, but you can use just chicken broth if that is what you have.
I served this over wheat penne pasta. You can use any kind of pasta, rice, or even spaghetti squash for a low carb option.
If you are doing low carb, this is a great low carb dish by itself with no squash, just substitute your flour for corn starch, to thicken.
This would even make a great vegetarian dish, just leave out the chicken :)
I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings 4-6 Total Cost: $7.50
6 Chicken Cutlets
4-6oz Fresh Asparagus or Broccoli
3/4 Cup White Wine
3/4 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp Cream or Milk
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Basil
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Flour or Cornstarch
- Slice your mushrooms
- Cut your Asparagus into 1" pieces
- In a skillet heat 2 Tbsp of your Oil and your Garlic
- Place your chicken breasts into oil
- Cook Chicken approximately 4 min on each side, until starts to brown (may take longer if frozen)
- Remove chicken and set aside, keep juices in pan
- On medium heat, In same pan, place mushrooms, asparagus, and 2 more tbsp of oil
- Saute until starts to brown
- Drizzle with Flour, and stir, until it soaks up oil
- Add wine, broth, vinegar, cream, thyme, basil, pepper
- Stir to let the flour disperse in liquid
- When starts to thicken place breasts back into liquid
- Reduce to low, simmer approx 5-8 minutes, until liquid thickens
- Serve hot with Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste