Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
This is a delicious alternative to the sweet potato casserole and a lot healthier too.
Very little prep time so you can enjoy time with the family. You can play around with the ingredients but I found the simpler the better.
This is a great recipe to get the kids in the kitchen to help with once the potatoes are cooked.
I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings:12 Total Cost: $3.50
6 Sweet Potatoes
1/4 Cup Honey or Brown Sugar
4oz of Light Cream Cheese-softened
4 Tbsp Orange Juice or Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts-optional
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Wash potatoes
- Bake potatoes on cookie sheet for 1 Hour until soft
- Remove from oven let cool
- Cut potatoes in half
- Spoon out inside of potato and place into a bowl
- In a mixing bowl combine potato and all ingredients-except walnuts
- Blend with a hand mixer
- Spoon mixture into potato shells
- Place them back cookie sheet
- Bake for another 15 minutes until they start to brown
- Top with chopped walnuts and sprinkle with cinnamon
- Serve warm