Chicken Ricotta Florentine Bake
This recipe happened by mistake last night and turned out beautiful, so I had to share. I am leaving for vacation and wanted to use up a few things in the refrigerator so they did not go bad. And what do you know, it turned into a Chicken Florentine.
This is great served with a side of Wheat Penne pasta, Angel Hair, or even Couscous. If you are doing a low carb diet serve it with a side of Spaghetti Squash.
This makes a great casserole for company. Would love to hear from you please share any comments or suggestions. Enjoy!
Total Servings:4-6 Total Cost:$6.50
4-6 Chicken Breasts
1 24oz Container of Ricotta Cheese or Cottage Cheese
1 8oz Package of Mozzarella Cheese
1 16oz Package of frozen Spinach
3 Large Tomatoes
1 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp of Black Pepper
2 Tbsp of Basil
2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic or Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Microwave spinach for 3 minutes, completely drain water
- In a bowl combine Ricotta, Parmesan, Spinach, and herbs. Mix well
- In a casserole dish lay down your chicken breast
- Spread mixture over chicken completely covering them
- Slice your tomatoes and spread over ricotta mixture
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese
- Cover and bake 45 minutes-Adjust time is using thinner chicken breasts
- Remove cover and bake another 15-20 minutes
- Until top is brown and chicken is cooked through