Spicy Chicken Pasta Casserole
This is a recipe from my friend Chad Baker. He made this for us one night, after
we had the baby, and talk about a treat! It is a delicious casserole version of Chicken Parmesan with a nice spicy kick! I loved the idea of the breaded chicken chunks in the spicy sauce!
I added a handful of Spinach to this recipe to give it a kick of green or you can use broccoli too.
- If you wanted to take this idea and make it a 10 minute meal. Simply use pre-breaded chicken tenders from the deli, chop into chunks, boil pasta, add pre-made sauce, mix together, top with cheese and bake. If you don't have a Jalapeno and want a kick use red pepper flakes.
Chad has a great website you should check out! www.livingorlando.com
I would love to hear from you! Enjoy!
Total Servings: 8-10 Total Cost:$6.50
16 oz Penne, Ziti, Bowtie, or Shell Pasta - I used Wheat
2 Chicken Breasts-cut into chunks
8oz Crushed Tomatoes
16oz Petite Diced Tomatoes
2 Cloves of Garlic-minced
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Cups Italian bread crumbs
2 Tbsp All purpose flour
16oz Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional Veggie -Broccoli or Spinach
- In Med saucepan over medium-high heat
- Saute Jalapeno & Garlic with 1Tbsp of olive oil until soft
- Reduce Heat to med-low
- Add Tomatoes and seasonings to pan
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally
- Sauce can simmer while preparing chicken
- In Med frying pan bring 1/4" of Vegetable oil to Med-high heat
- In bowl scramble egg with milk toss chicken in mix to coat (remove any excess)
- In another bowl combine breadcrumbs and flour toss chicken in mix to coat
- Place chicken in hot oil, not crowded
- Cook 1-2 min each side until lightly golden brown
- Place chicken on paper towels to soak up access grease
- Boil Pasta al dante and set aside.
- Don't cook fully it will continue to cook when you bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In 8X10 Casserole dish Pour pasta, then chicken, then sauce, and top with cheese
- Cover with foil and bake 20 min (make sure foil doesn't touch cheese)
- Remove foil and broil at 500 degrees for 5 min to brown
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 min and serve