Easy Mexican Skillet
I always find that the recipes that you don't think about...turn out the best! This
is a delicious and healthy 15 minute meal that the entire family will enjoy. If you are doing a low carb diet omit the pasta and corn. It is still easy and delicious!
I also like the clean up with this recipe, which is not much at all. If you like play around with it and add some Jalapenos or sliced green peppers. You can add hot sauce also for a little extra heat.
I use the fresh chopped salsa that you can find in the produce section of the grocery. It has less sodium, carbs, and is as close to fresh as making your own. It is usually the same price or less then the jarred kind. Top with sour cream if you like.
I would love to hear from you! Enjoy!
Total Servings: 6-8 Total Cost: $6.25
1 lb Chicken Breast (Cut into Chunks)
1 16oz Container of Salsa
1 Box of Whole Grain Pasta
1 10oz Bag of Frozen Corn
1 8oz Package of shredded cheese (I used Mexican Blend)
*top with hot sauce and sour cream optional
- Cook your pasta according to directions on box and drain
- Heat on med 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet
- Cook your chicken for 5min
- Pour in container of salsa
- Pour in package of frozen corn
- Cover skillet simmer for 10 min until chicken is cooked through
- Stir in pasta
- Remove from heat
- Pour cheese over top of mixture
- Place lid again cover for 5min until cheese melts