As promised, I am going to post some of my pumpkin recipes. If you cooked a
pumpkin, just use the pureed pumpkin in the recipe. If not, you can use canned, just make sure and not buy pumpkin for pies, it is different then just the plain canned pumpkin.
This is a delicious soup that your family will love. It is great for Thanksgiving dinner, or for a fall party. Serve it in a hollowed our gourd or pumpkin for a nice display.
Once you know the basics of this soup, play around with different spices according to taste. I like to add a little cayenne pepper for a nice kick. Some like to add some brown sugar, nutmeg, ginger, or even curry. I also like to top it with a couple roasted pumpkin seeds YUM!
I like mine a little on the thick side, so I blended with a hand blender. It also was easier then transporting back and forth to a regular blender, and easier to clean up too :)
I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings: 6-8 Total Cost: $3.50
6 Cups Low Sodium Chicken or Vegetable Broth
4 Cups of pureed Pumpkin
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Small Onion
1 tsp Parsley
1 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
1 Cup Half & Half
1 Tbsp Butter
- Chop your Onion and Garlic
- Melt butter in large stock pot
- Saute your Garlic and Onion for couple minutes until starts to brown
- Add all your ingredients to pot, except half & half
- Bring to boil, stirring well
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and mix with hand blender
- Add in Half and Half
- Place back on heat, simmer for another 10 minutes