With apples in season, there are so many different delicious varieties to pick from. If you are like myself, I buy a bag full of my favorite kind.
But, after a week or
two, I always have a few leftover that just don't have that crisp that they did when I bought them. This is a simple and delicious recipe to use those apples and not waste them.
This makes a great dessert for a fall dinner party and your kids will love them. I use walnuts, but you can use whatever kind of nut you like. I serve them warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel syrup. I also use raisins because my toddler loves them, but that is optional. You can also use dried cranberries. If you really want a nice kick, drizzle them with a little rum before you bake them :)
I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings 4 Total Cost:$2.00
4 Apples-Any Kind
4 tsp of Butter
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
1/4 Cup Raisins
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Remove core of apples from the top, not cutting through the apple
- Place apples in casserole dish not touching each other
- Pour some water in bottom of dish, just enough to cover the bottom of the dish, approx 1/4 Cup
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients, except butter
- Stuff mixture evenly into the center of the apples
- Top each apple with 1 tsp of butter
- Place Apples in oven
- Baste apples with the liquid, every 15 minutes
- Bake apples 30-45 min until desired softness and lightly golden
- Serve warm with desired toppings,such as caramel syrup and a scoop of ice cream