The key is you need a non-stick skillet at least 8" that will go from stove top into the oven.
This makes a great dish if you have company for a quick breakfast in the morning, or even a light brunch or lunch. It is a GREAT low carb dish! Your toddlers will love it! You can even pour this into mini-muffin pans and make little Frittata's, which make great appetizers.
You can use eggs or egg beaters whatever you prefer. This weekend we had leftover mushrooms, broccoli, cheese, tomatoes, and bacon from the cookout the day before. I chopped them all up the next morning...and made a Frittata :) So that is what I listed in this recipe.
I listed some suggestions below of ingredients to put in your Frittata. So, play around with it and have fun! The next time you think about throwing out that little bit of veggies or chicken...just make a Frittata.
I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings: 6-8 Total Cost: $3.00
6 Eggs or Egg Beaters
1/4 Cup Softened Cream Cheese
1/4 Head of Broccoli
4oz Cheese-Any Kind
1 tsp Chopped Garlic or Garlic Powder
1 tsp Dried Basil
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a bowl Beat your eggs
- Chop up whatever vegetables you are using and cheese
- Put all your ingredients into the bow, mix well
- On medium heat, heat oil (in non-stick, oven-friendly, skillet)
- Pour ingredients into skillet, do not stir, just spread out your ingredients
- You want to use a heat friendly spatula,lift the edges as they start to brown
- When egg is still wet, but starting to firm on edges and brown, 4-5 minutes
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Place directly into oven and bake until center is cooked, 15-20 minutes
- Pull out of oven and take spatula and it should slide out completely onto a plate or cutting board
- Cut into wedges and serve warm or cold
Any Color peppers
Ricotta Cheese-instead of cream cheese
Cottage Cheese-instead of cream cheese
Any kind of herbs
Any kind of Cheese
Really just about anything....have fun!