Natural Homemade Drain-o
I have used baking soda for cleaning in the past and vinegar but not together. What a great idea! What is funny is we just had to buy drain-o like a month ago...I wish I would have known about this.
I am always looking for ways to clean that are not only natural, but better for the environment, and more cost effective too.
If you have any thoughts or suggestions I would love to hear from you! :) Thanks Bonzai Aphrodite for a great tip!
Drain De-Clogger Recipe:
1/2 Cup Baking Soda
1 Cup Vinegar
1 Gallon Boiling Water
- Carefully siphon all the baking soda down the drain
- Pour in 1/2 of the vinegar, covering the hole so the fizz is forced down, not up (No need to cover the hole if doing this on a toilet)
- Add the second half of the vinegar, following the same procedure
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes or so
- Then flush with an entire gallon of boiling water