Wasabi Crusted Fish
You can use any kind of white fish. I used Flounder because that is what I had. I would suggest using either Cod, Halibut, or Flounder. They are all very light. I can't wait to try it on Halibut, that is my favorite fish. It might even be good on Salmon or Tuna...YUM! :)
I made this for us low carb people, so I used Parmesan for the crust. You can use Panko bread crumbs if you like, they are a Japanese bread crumb.
I served this with a Acorn Squash half, and I steamed a frozen Broccoli, snow peas, and water chestnuts medley, sprinkled with a little ground ginger and crushed black pepper.
This entire meal took about 10 minutes prep and 10 minutes cooking time. Let me know if you try this. I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings 4 Total Cost: $4.50
4 White Fish Fillets-Suggest:Halibut, Cod, or Flounder
1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
2-4 Tbsp of Prepared Wasabi Paste depending on desired spiciness (In Seafood department by the Sushi)
1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp of Black Pepper
1/2 a lemon or 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Lay your fish fillets in a baking dish
- Pat them dry with paper towel
- In a bowl mix your mayonnaise, wasabi paste, and black pepper (Can add more wasabi to taste)
- Spread 1/2 the mixture over one side of the fillets coating them
- Sprinkle with 1/2 your Parmesan cheese or Panko bread crumbs on top
- Flip them over, repeat step on other side
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until fish starts to flake, and they start to brown on tops
- Squeeze lemon on tops of fish or drizzle your lemon juice