Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Total Servings 4 Cost:$9.25
4 Chicken Breasts
2 Spaghetti Squash
2 Cans of Low sodium Diced Tomatoes
1 8oz package of Mushrooms
1 8oz package of mozzarella cheese
1 Green Pepper-Optional
1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp of Basil
1 tsp of Red pepper flakes
- Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds, and rinse
- Cover both halves with saran wrap
- Microwave 8-10 minutes for each half until soft inside
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice your mushrooms, onion, and green pepper
- In a skillet put all ingredients except your cheese and squash
- Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Take your squash and stir up inside of squash pulling the squash off the edges, but leave in squash shell. (It should look like spaghetti)
- Put a heaping spoonful of tomato mixture on top of each squash and a chicken breast.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella all over top of mixture and squash.
- Place the stuffed squash in oven on cookie sheet
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes until cheese starts to brown
- Serve with extra red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese