I made this for the first time when I was buying a house, I needed to save for the down payment. I ate it every week for lunch and dinner for 4 weeks. Good times!
It is very good and goes a long way. It seems to be even better the next day warmed up. I would usually warm it up with a little Parmesan cheese or mozzarella if I had it. This is one of those recipes you can add things too, depending on taste, and if you have it.
Makes 8-10 Servings Cost:$6.00
2 lbs Ground Turkey
1 Box of Macaroni
1 30-oz Can of diced Tomatoes
1 30-oz Can of Tomato Sauce
2 Cups of water
1 Green Pepper-Optional
1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp of Seasoned Salt
2 Tbsp of Basil or Oregano or Italian Seasoning
1 tsp of Black Pepper
*If you want to add a little spice add some hot sauce or Red Pepper Flakes
- Chop your onion and green pepper
- In a skillet brown your meat, onion, and green pepper.
- Drain any liquid
- In a Large Pot combine all ingredients
- Bring to boil and simmer until macaroni is tender to taste
- If it seems dry, add more water and seasonings, until it is moist