Creamy Chicken Egg Noodle Soup
I have to admit this is a comfort food for me. You thought chicken soup is good when you are sick, wait until you taste this soup!
My Nana made these noodles homemade, I will post that recipe another time. I want to just give you and easy way to make this delicious soup.
You want to buy the Reams egg noodles. They are in the freezer section, usually top shelf by the garlic bread.
I am going to give you the easy method for the soup, but you can boil a whole chicken if you want. When it is done pull it out and set it aside, take the chicken off the bone when it cools and drop the chicken pieces into the broth. If you do it this way just omit the boxed broth.
2 Chicken Breasts-Can be Frozen
2 Bags of Reams Egg Noodles
1 Large Box or 2 small cans of Chicken Broth
2 Cups of Water
2 Cans of low sodium cream of mushroom soup
3 Carrots cut into pieces
1 tsp of Black Pepper
1 tsp of salt or Celery salt
1 tsp of Basil
- In a Large Stock pan bring all ingredients to a boil
- When it comes to a boil, bring down to medium heat and simmer
- Pull out chicken when it is cooked through, let cool, and cut into chunks
- Drop Chicken pieces back into soup
- Simmer until noodles are cooked