Chicken Curry Lettuce Wraps w/Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Also, we served it in lettuce wraps for a low carb dish. There are different serving options you can choose according to what you like (see the end of this post for some of those options). The traditional method is to use coconut milk, but I omitted this to create a healthier alternative.
This cucumber sauce is simply delicious! It can also be used on many different dishes or as a dip for veggies or pita bread. Please let me know if you try this. Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Enjoy!
Dry Spice Mix:
3 tsp of Curry powder
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
2 tsp of garlic powder
1/2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of Paprika
1/2 tsp of Seasoned salt
1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper-Optional
- Mix all together, in small bowl, all of the above dry spices and set aside.
3 Cups of Plain Yogurt-24oz container (You can use Sour Cream as substitute)
1 tsp of Ground Cumin
1 tsp of salt
1/4 Cup Fresh Mint
2 tsp of lemon juice
- This sauce can be made the night before
- Remove Seeds from Cucumber and Jalapeno, then dice into small pieces
- Chop your mint
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl
- Mix well with a spoon
- Cover and put into refrigerator to chill for at least 2hrs
4-6 Chicken Breast
1 Head of Iceberg lettuce
1 Green pepper
1 Red pepper
4 oz of Feta cheese
- Butterfly your chicken breast and place into casserole dish
- Take 1 cup of prepared Cucumber sauce, and all of your dry spice mix, mix in small bowl
- Pour this over your chicken breast, flip them to coat them completely
- Bake at 400° uncovered for 30 min until breast is cooked through. (Do not cook your peppers, tomato, or feta.)
- Dice into small pieces your Cooked Chicken, Peppers, tomato and feta cheese.
- Pull leaves of lettuce off the head, Leaving them like little burritos
- Put your diced chicken mixture into leaf
- Top with desired amount of cucumber sauce
- Fold leaf like a burrito and serve
- This dish can be served over Brown Jasmine Rice (or any kind of rice).
- Just omit the Lettuce.
- Add 2 Cups of cucumber sauce, instead of 1, to your dry spices and pour over the chicken when you bake it.
- This will make more sauce to pour over rice.
- Simply serve in tortillas, instead of Lettuce leaves.