Makes 6-8 Servings
1 Package of Wheat Tortillas
1 lb of Ground Turkey or Diced up Chicken Breast
1 Package of Taco Seasoning
1 Can of Re-fried Beans
2-8oz Packages of Shredded Cheese-I use the Mexican Blend
1-Container of Salsa- I use the kind from the produce section, but you can use the kind in a jar.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a skillet, brown your meat, and drain.
- Add to the meat 1/4 Cup of water and the Taco Seasoning
- Take a casserole dish, spray Pam, or oil the bottom.
- Layer into the dish:
- 2 Tortillas Side by side on the bottom
- Then 1/2 the can of Beans
- Then 1/2 the meat
- Then 1/2 the salsa
- Then 1 package of Cheese
- Repeat this again
- Bake at 375° approximately 30 min until cheese is melted and starts to brown.
This makes a great Pot Luck dish or appetizer. If I serve this for guests, I like to put out the toppings in different dishes. It makes a nice presentation. I warn you though, if there is a lot of people, make 2 dishes of it...it is always gone FAST! Every time I bring it somewhere people love it, they can't believe how easy, and inexpensive it is to make. If I do this at home for dinner on a budget, I serve it with just some sour cream, and hot sauce. You can also double up the recipe for a larger dish or make more layers. Enjoy!