Easy Chicken Pot Pie
2-3 Chicken Breasts
1 Package of 2 Pie Crusts-This is in refrigerator section by the milk
1 Can of Low Sodium Cream of Mushroom soup
1 Can of Low Sodium Cream of Chicken soup
1 8oz Bag of Frozen Mixed Vegetables-I like the one with Potatoes
1 tsp of Basil
1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp of black pepper
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Pull out box of crust to thaw a little
- In a skillet cook your chicken breast, i usually just add about 1/4 of water instead of oil to cook the chicken.(this is a great dish for leftover Chicken or Roast. Just chop the meat in chunks, and omit the cooking part.)
- When the chicken is almost cooked through, still a little pink inside, take it out and set it on a chopping board.
- When cool enough to touch, chop into chunks
- In the skillet leave any juices from the chicken
- Add the frozen vegetables, 2 Cans of soups, the herbs and spices, and chicken
- Stir this together don't cook.
- Spray bottom of casserole dish with Pam
- Place one crust on bottom of dish
- Put mixture into dish
- Top with other crust
- Bake 25-35 minutes until crust starts to brown and bubble up
You can add frozen, or fresh broccoli, to this for a nice addition. Also, if you don't have potatoes in your frozen veggies, you can chop up some red potatoes in small chunks and add to it. Just microwave them for 3 minutes first, to make sure they cook through.
Also, play with the herbs and spices you put it this, to your taste.