Red Wine Pecan Chicken Breasts
Right now I can't drink wine so I like to cook with it.
I love the way it smells :) This was a easy and delicious recipe I threw together with some left over red wine that I had from a guest. It actually turned out to be a pretty festive holiday dish too. It literally took all of 5 minutes to prepare.
I served it with Acorn Squash and Brussels Sprouts. It would be great with couscous and pour the red wine sauce over it.
If you use more the four breasts double the recipe. Also, you can use a whole cut up chicken for this recipe or any kind of chicken on the bone. You might want to remove the skin first though.
You could also do this in the crockpot. I would suggest cooking on Low for 6 hours High for 3 hours only if breasts are frozen. I would not suggest cooking them in crockpot if they are fresh. It might turn out too dry.
I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings 4 Total Cost:$4.25
4 Chicken Breasts-Butterflied or Cutlets
1 Cup Any Kind of Red Wine
1/2 Cup Pecans
4 Garlic Cloves-diced
1/2 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Rosemary
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Crushed Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Disperse the seasonings evenly over both sides of chicken
- Lay chicken into casserole dish
- Pour olive oil over chicken
- Pour red wine over chicken
- Top with Pecans
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes, depending on chicken thickness