Creamy Potato Soup with Broccoli & Mu...
I've made a lot of Potato soups in my life...but none compares to this recipe I
created. This was one of those make up as you go recipes and it turned out simple and delicious!
I have a new favorite broth I buy. It is made by College Inn and is their White Wine and Herb blend. They also have a $1.00 off coupon on their site so make sure and print that out.
This is a nice, creamy soup for the winter months. You can play around with the ingredients if you want to add bacon or cheese. But, I just top it with shredded cheese when I serve it.
If you like oysters you can also add clams or oysters to it for a nice chowder.
I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings: 8-10 Total Cost: $5.25
5-7 Large Red Potatoes (I leave skin on)
1 Small Onion
1/2 Stick Butter
2 Cups College Inn White Wine Herb Broth
1 Cup Water
3 Tbsp Flour
3 Cups Milk
4oz Sliced Mushrooms
1 10oz Bag of Frozen Broccoli Florets
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Parsley
1/2 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Dice your Onion and Potato and slice the Mushrooms
- In Large stock pot melt your butter
- Place your Onion and Mushrooms into pan stirring until slightly brown
- Add 3 Tbsp of Flour to mixture and stir
- Add 1/2 Cup of Broth and stir until flour is dissolved
- Add all the rest of the ingredients into pot bring to a boil, stirring
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes until potatoes are soft
- Serve warm, top with shredded cheese, bacon, and scallions if you like.