Easy Pasta Salad
In the summer I love a yummy pasta salad! I even like it for lunch, or dinner as a
meal. It has all kinds of things in it, that makes it a complete meal. With pasta salad there are no rules, you can experiment, use leftovers, and create something delicious.
With vegetables and herbs in season, growing in gardens, and so inexpensive, it is the perfect time to make a pasta salad.
Use leftover pasta from the night before. The next time you have leftovers, think about throwing it together and making a pasta salad!
Total Servings 6-8 Cost: $4.25
4 Cups of Cooked Wheat Pasta (I like Penne or Spiral)
1 Can of Artichoke Hearts-Drained
1 Small can of sliced black olives-optional
3 oz of Turkey Pepperoni
1 8oz block of mozzarella cheese
1 Green Pepper-optional1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp of Basil - (Chopped fresh if you have it)
1 tsp of Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp of Seasoned Salt
1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes-optional
*You can use 8oz of any kind of Italian Dressing. If you do this, omit the olive oil and seasonings in this recipe.
- Chill your cooked pasta in fridge, while preparing vegetables, to cool it down. (This can be done night before or with leftover pasta)
- Dice your pepperoni, Mozzarella cheese, Artichoke hearts, Tomatoes, and green pepper.
- Combine all your ingredients in a bowl.
- Gently stir all ingredients
- Put in refrigerator until ready to serve chilled