Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast
3/4-1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
3 Eggs or Egg Beaters
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp of Seasoned Salt
* If you like a little kick, you can add 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper :)
- Take the Chicken and cut it in half, length wise, to butterfly it. This makes them thin and tender.
- Take 2 plates
- On one plate mix Parmesan and seasonings.
- On the other plate put your eggs, beat them well.
- Place your chicken breast into the eggs, turning them over, until completely coated.
- Then dip the egg soaked chicken breast into the Parmesan mixture, turning it over until completely coated.
- Heat in a skillet, 1/4 Cup of the olive oil, on Medium heat, make sure the bottom of the pan is completely covered with oil.
- The heat is very important. It needs to be hot enough to fry, but not too hot that it cooks the outside too quickly, and not the inside.
- Don't place the breast into the oil until it is completely hot.
- To check the oil drop some Parmesan pieces in it.
- When it starts sizzling, and browning, it is ready.
- Don't place more then 2 breasts at a time into the oil. Unless you have a very large pan.
- As you add more breasts, add the additional oil, as needed to the bottom of the skillet.
- To keep the breasts warm, you can preheat oven to the lowest setting. Place them on a plate layered with paper towels.
- They should cook approximately 5-6 minutes on each side. Until brown. Check the inside with knife. Make sure it is no longer pink.
It goes great with homemade Red Potato Fries, a side of Acorn squash, or on top of a salad.