This is a no carb meatloaf and meatball recipe. If you are not concerned about carbs,you can use the oatmeal instead of the mushrooms.
If you want to utilize your time for dinners down the road, or later in the week, double this recipe too make both the Meatloaf and the Meatballs. If you want to do meatballs add 1lb of turkey sausage for flavor if you want.
If you use fresh meat, you can freeze the meatballs, place in a large Ziploc bag. Just bring out how many you want for a later dinner, or lunch, and drop them into any sauce.
They thaw in minutes in the sauce. If in the microwave they take 1 minute on high. Also you can make Meatball wraps or subs. Just add a little sauce and cheese.
This makes a great toddler food or first baby food. One meatball makes one serving.
Total Cost: $6.75 Makes 8 Servings
2lb Ground Turkey
2 Eggs or Egg Beaters
1/2 Cup Finely chopped Mushrooms or Oatmeal
1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp of Sage
1 Tbsp of Garlic Powder or Chopped Garlic
1 Tbsp of Basil or Italian Seasoning
1/8 Cup of Crystal hot sauce or any kind
*I use Hot Sauce instead of Ketchup in recipes, it does not have the sugar.
1/8 Cup of Mustard
2 Tbsp of Worcester sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In Bowl combine all ingredients and mix well
- Press all of meat mixture into a Loaf Pan
- If making Meat balls roll them into balls approximately 1 inch in diameter and place on cookie sheet side by side
- Place into oven and bake for approximately 1 hour
- Check center to make sure it is no longer pink
- Drain any access liquid, bake for another 10 minutes