Leftovers Part II-Chicken Vegetable Soup
There is a recipe that I always go to, for a last minute dinner, and that is Chicken Your Way. If you
We came home late the other night from being gone for a week on vacation. I needed to make something fast for dinner, that did not require preparation, and that we actually had in the pantry since we had been gone a week.
Total Servings 4 Total Cost: $4.00
What did I have?
1 Box of Wheat Penne Pasta
2 Cans of Diced Tomatoes-I always have these in my pantry! Low-sodium
4 Frozen Chicken Breasts
Frozen Broccoli and Spinach
What did I do?
- Started boiling the pasta
- In Large skillet combined Frozen Chicken, handful of spinach, handful of broccoli, both cans of tomatoes, and lots of dried basil and garlic powder.
- Covered with a lid
- Turned it on medium
- Gave my toddler a bath :)
- 15 minutes later-drained pasta
- Pulled chicken apart into chunks
- Lots of Pasta-because I did the whole box
- Tomatoes with some vegetables
- Put tomatoes and chicken in large pot
- Added 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups of Water
- 12oz Bag of frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Handful of leftover pasta noodles
- Salt, pepper, and herbs to taste
- Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes
- Serve with crackers or grill cheese
So I made what I posted yesterday
Mac and Cheese with vegetables and Tuna
I would love to hear about your creative leftover menu. Enjoy!