Here is another delicious pumpkin recipe. I made these in a mini muffin pan for
bit size treats. It will make 12 medium muffins so double the recipe if you want more.
You can add any kind of nut or dried fruit if you like. But, they are great just by themselves. I always like to add Flaxseed Meal wherever I can for some added nutritional value but this is optional. Also, if you want even healthier version use egg beaters and applesauce instead of oil.
I used a cup of the pumpkin that I cooked but you can use the pumpkin from a can. Just make sure it is not pumpkin pie mixture.
You can top these with a little cream cheese icing for an extra treat :)
I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings: 12 Medium/24 Mini Total Cost: $2.00
1 Cup of Pureed Pumpkin
3/4 Cup Oil or 1 Cup Un-Sweetened Applesauce
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs or Egg Beaters
2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/8 Cup Flaxseed Meal-Optional
1/4 Cup Raisins-Optional
1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts-Optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray muffin pans or use liners
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients-including any additions like fruit, nuts, or flaxseed
- In another bowl combine all wet ingredients, mix well
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- Pour mixture into muffin pans 1/2 full
- Sprinkle tops with a little brown sugar if not going to frost them
- Bake for 20-25min until toothpick comes out clean