Fish with Minty Mango Salsa
This makes a great salsa all by itself, just double the recipe and serve with some tortilla chips.
This is a nice, light, summery recipe great for guests, and if your toddler is like mine, and likes a little spice, your kids will even love it too. Or, you can leave out the Jalapeno kick.
This goes nicely served over Brown Jasmine Rice, Couscous, or a bed of greens.
I would love to hear any comments of suggestions! Enjoy!
Total Servings: 4 Total Cost: $7.50
4 Halibut or White Fish Fillets
2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt
1 Ripe Mango
2 Green Onions
1 Medium Tomato
1 tsp of chopped Garlic
1 Tbsp of Chopped Fresh Mint
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
1/4 Tsp Kosher Salt
1 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Peel your mango, remove seeds from your Jalapeno and Cucumber
- Dice all of your ingredients
- Place into Bowl all ingredients for Salsa, gently stir
- Chill in refrigerator
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper on both sides of fish fillets
- Place Olive Oil in skillet heat to medium heat
- Place fillets into hot skillet
- Sear approximately 3-4 minutes on each side (depends on thickness of fish)
- Until fish starts to get golden brown and flaky
- Spoon Salsa on top of fillets and serve immediately