I love serving this on top of yogurt or ice cream and it makes a great toddler food. I also like just putting milk over this and eating it as cereal.
You can play around with the dried fruit and nuts in the mix according to what you like.
I would love to hear from you any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Enjoy!
Total Servings 6 Cups Total Cost: $3.50
3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats- (not quick oats)
1 Cup Shredded Coconut
1 Cup Dried Fruit or Raisins (I like cranberries)
3/4 Cup Almonds or Walnuts
1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Canola Oil
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- In a large bowl mix honey, oil, brown sugar, cinnamon
- Microwave for 2 minutes until boils
- Mix in Vanilla
- Stir in Oats, Coconut, and nuts
- Microwave for 5 minutes
- Stir in dried fruit
- Let mix sit for 2 hours stirring a couple times to break it up
- Store in tightly covered container