I thought I would post this recipe first. I love a nice baked potato with a salt crust. Since I love them, I thought you might also, and I had failed miserably on the first attempt this week at the beach.
The first time I did them, I wrapped them in foil, and put them in the oven. The steam inside the foil made the salt boil out of the foil. They still tasted great, with a nice salty flavor. But, I wanted that nice salt crust on the potato, like you get at a restaurant. I love the crispy skin it makes, you eat the skin and all!
You can use this same recipe with Red Potatoes, just adjust the baking time. Red Potatoes don't take as long to cook.
Hope you had a great week and enjoy these delicious Salt Crusted Baked Potatoes! I would love to hear from you any comments, recipes, or suggestions. Enjoy!
Total Servings 4-6 Total Cost: $1.50
4-6 Large Baking Potatoes
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 to 1/2 Cup Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Wash and dry potatoes, leave skin on
- Poke potatoes with fork
- Pour olive oil onto a saucer
- Pour Salt onto a saucer
- Roll Potato in olive oil
- Then Roll potato in Kosher Salt, completely coating the potato
- Place potato on baking stone or cookie sheet
- Place onto the center rack in oven
- Bake for approximately 1-2 hrs depending on size of Potato
- You should be able to poke potato all the way through with knife. It should be soft with a crisp skin