Loaf Pan Lasagna
I made these and used Ground Turkey Breast instead of the ground beef, Hot Turkey Sausage, and regular shaker Parmesan instead of shredded to keep the cost down.
Also, I did not boil my lasagna noodles. This is something I have written about before you can use any noodle you don't need to buy the no boil kind! I just layered them uncooked, when I baked it I covered the pan with foil for 45 minutes and uncovered for 15 minutes. It cuts the assemble time in half.
This was a delicious recipe and great tip for all of us busy people to have a home cooked meal fast! Thanks Jen for sharing with us!! I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings: 7-8 Loaf Pans Total Cost: $15.50
That breaks down to: $.48 a serving or $1.90 a loaf pan
3-4lbs of Ground Beef, Chuck, or Ground Turkey
1lb Hot Italian Sausage
1 Large Onion-diced
2-3 Cloves Garlic-diced
3-4 Jars Ragu
2 boxes lasagna noodles (you will only use 1 ½)
3-4lbs Mozzarella Cheese
15oz Ricotta Cheese
24oz Cottage Cheese
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Olive oil, salt, pepper
- Brown beef and sausage.
- While meat is cooking, heat a large pan of water
- Combine the ricotta and cottage cheeses in a bowl
- Once meat is browned, drain fat and set meat aside
- Begin cooking lasagna noodles-or use no boil method
- Using the same pan, olive oil, cook the onions 3-4 min, then add garlic
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cook an additional 1-2 minutes
- Add the Ragu and meat and let simmer
- Begin to assemble
- Add sauce to the loaf pan
- Place noodles on top
- Each layer will take 2 lasagna noodles and can be trimmed to fit the pan
- Add more sauce,
- Then spoon some ricotta/cottage cheese mixture on top of sauce
- Add mozzarella
- Add another layer of noodles
- Then sauce
- Then Cheeses
- Add one layer of noodles
- Top with mozzarella and Parmesan
*If Baking: Cook at 400º for 30 minutes if refrigerated or room
temperature 60-75 minutes if frozen.
*If doing no boil method: If frozen, leave foil on and bake at 400 covered for 60-75 minutes then remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes. If refrigerated, cover with foil, bake at 400 for 45 minutes remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.