Butternut Squash Soup
get cool. It reminded me of my favorite fall recipe, Butternut Squash Soup. It is so easy to make and so delicious! It definitely ranks up there with one of my favorite comfort foods.
Every time I make it, I recall a funny story of my friend trying to make it one night, but we won't embarrass her, she knows who she is. But, it brings a smile to my face...and a little laugh :)
The secret about this soup, is not to make it complicated. It is your basic soup recipe with boiling the ingredients, then puree them in either a blender or food processor.
I like to serve mine with a spoonful of sour cream on top. Some people like a sprinkle of cinnamon or fresh basil leaves.
Here is a picture of what butternut squash looks like in case you are unsure.
This makes a great before dinner soup for guests. Also it is a great baby food!
I would love to hear from you. Enjoy!
Total Servings: 8 Total Cost:$4.50
1 Large Butternut Squash-2-3lbs
1 Medium Onion-optional
4 Cups Low sodium Chicken or Vegetable Broth
1 Cup White Wine or Apple Juice
1 Small bag of Baby Carrots
1 Tbsp of Chopped Garlic
1 tsp Thyme Fresh or Dried
1 tsp White Pepper or Fresh Ground Pepper
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Peel, remove seeds, and cut into chunks, your onion and squash
- In a large stock pot, heat your olive oil
- Saute your onion & garlic until starts to brown
- Put all ingredients into the pot
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes
- Cover, reduce to medium heat, simmer for approximately 20-30 minutes
- Until your squash and carrots are tender
- Pour soup into blender or food processor, puree until all ingredients are smooth (you might have to do a couple batches)
- Serve Warm or Chilled