Red Potato Pancakes
I have to admit one of my comfort foods are Potatoes. It really does not matter how they are cooked it just makes me feel better. Potato Pancakes ranks top of the list!
If you have never made these before you must give them a try. They make a great side dish with dinner, lunch, breakfast, or even an appetizer. As an appetizer serve them with bowls of toppings that guests can top themselves.
You can also take this recipe and add shredded vegetables into them like zucchini or carrots. It is a great way to hide vegetables. Your kids will love them! Some people even like to add a breakfast meat like diced ham or bacon pieces.
Once these delicious potato cakes are made, you can top them with whatever you like. A few suggestions are sour cream, scallions, applesauce, ketchup, or plain and simple salt and pepper. Would love to hear from you! Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Enjoy!
Total Servings: 10-12 Total Cost: $1.50
4-6 Medium Red Potatoes
2 Tbsp of flour
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 small onion-optional
- Wash your potatoes and peel your onion
- Take a grater and grate your potatoes and onion into a bowl
- Take a towel, squeeze dry any liquid, get as dry as possible
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl mix well
- Add either olive oil or spray olive oil to non stick pan
- Turn pan to medium heat
- Drop each pancake into pan by 2-3Tbsp of potato mixture, press down with spatula
- This makes a little pancake
- Flip when one side is brown and crispy
- Serve when both sides are brown and crispy