Rachel's Healthy Carrot Cupcakes
You can leave off the cream cheese frosting if you like, but we found a frosting recipe that is healthy. It uses Stevia & Erythritol, which are natural sweeteners from herbs. I actually tried a Stevia leaf at Home Depot, and it is really good. I attached the link so you can check it out.
The muffins are not too sweet without the frosting so if you tend to like them a little sweeter add 1/2 cup more of brown sugar. Also, you can add 1/2 Cup of Chopped Walnuts if you like.
Thanks Rachel for helping make this yummy recipe! Enjoy!
Total Servings: 18 Cost: $3.00
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp of Baking powder
1 tsp of Baking soda
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Allspice
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
2 Cups of Grated Carrots
2 Eggs or Eggbeaters
1 cup Applesauce
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Honey
1 cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a bowl combine the top 7 dry ingredients, mix well
- In another bowl combine the bottom 6 wet ingredients, mix well
- Combine the wet ingredients to the dry, mix well
- Spray muffin or cake pan with Pam
- Bake for 12-15 minutes for muffins, a cake will be about 10 minutes more check center.
8 oz of Cream Cheese-softened
1/4 Cup of Butter- softened
1 Tbsp of Erythritol
1/4 tsp of Stevia powdered extract
1 tsp of Vanilla
- Mix together the cream cheese and butter with mixer until creamy
- Stir in vanilla, erythritol, and stevia
- Spread onto cake or cupcakes.
- Store extra in Fridge